$250 Media Kit Design – One Great Press Kit for Almost Everything
Business Media Kit design helps promote your idea.
Whether it’s traditional paper, electronic, a part of your website, or video, great media kit design is essential to communicating the image you want to your thirsty crowd.
Your media kit design, sometimes referred to as a press kit, is a pre-packaged set of promotional materials for a person, company, or organization distributed to members of the media for promotional use.
That’s the big definition. In short, your media kit is your hype. Some people call it a “sell kit.”
All media kit designs are custom, and not every person needs the same elements. Together, we’ll pick 4 to 6 areas of your business and build a footing for those media kit headings. For example, Products, Business Info, Media Info, Press Release. The $250 covers your design of a paper or electronic media kit. Actual print production costs will depend on how fancy you want to get. And… you’re never obligated to do your production/printing with us. If you choose to deliver your media kit electronically, we can include an existing video.
Keep in mind, sometimes the best media kit is a small website. We take that into account. Every design project begins with a free consultation, so you’ll get recommendations based on your business media kit needs.
How can I use my media kit design?
- Product launches
- New company launch
- Mergers and acquisitions
- News conferences
- Large events / Industry trade shows
- Bookings for Bands or Artists
- Sell Kit for helping make a sale
- Generating Buzz within any specific group
- Background one-sheet with historical information on the company or individual.
- Fact sheet listing specific features, statistics, or benefits.
- Biographies of key executives or individuals if appropriate.
- Past press coverage
- Photos or other images (high resolution) of key executives, logos, products, etc. (Deliver online to save printing costs)
- A press release detailing current newsworthy information about you or your offering.
- Media contact information (usually of a public relations department, spokesperson, or owner)
- A CD, DVD, software title, video, etc. as appropriate for the sender of the release
- Collateral advertising material, such as: postcard, flier, newspaper ad, etc.
Specialty Media & Press Kit Designs
You may have a special need. We can customize your media kit to suit a variety of specialties. For the purposes of example, bands have needs that are different than a business. So to custom tailor a media kit to a band, you change the elements. Often their kits are also used to generate bookings. Press kits are a common promotional tool used by musicians when launching a new album. Band press kits often have their own unique set of components, including:
- Band biography / History of the band
- Color photos (many corporate photos are done in black and white for newspaper print purposes. Include at least one in your kit).
- Contact information for the band’s label, manager, publicist, or other representative
- Discography (all previous albums released by the band)
- Equipment list (if the kit is being sent to live music venue)
- Booking sheet (one-page sheet to help get someone to your web site)
Electronic press kit (EPK)
An electronic press kit (EPK) is a press kit equivalent in electronic form. An EPK usually takes the form of a website or e-mail. Around 2006 I was doing these almost exclusively on enhanced CD or DVD. Now, I do a lot more websites as EPKs. The physical CD or DVD
Contents of an EPK
Contents depend on the industry and target audience. For instance, an EPK in the music industry might contain any of the following:
- Music clips
- High resolution press photos
- Tour dates
- Promotional videos
- Offline website or website links
- Press reviews and interviews
- “RIYL” or “recommended if you like” list (list of artists in similar styles or genres)
- Contact information
- High resolution photos or images of key executives, the company logo, products, etc.
Need even more for your media kit? Contact us for a custom quote.